County of Wheatland
20 KM North of Transcanada Highway
90 KM North East of Calgary
70 KM South West of Drumheller
Latitude 51 - 14' Longitude 113 - 08'
"Rockyford is a thriving, caring community, steeped in tradition that preserves family values and the identity of rural Alberta life"
As of June 2009 - 325 residents (official); local area includes an additional 800 residents
Agriculture and agricultural goods and services
ROCKYFORD WASTE TRANSFER & RECYCYLING SITE
Call 403-533-2241 for information on materials accepted
SUMMER Hours - May 1 to October 31 WINTER Hours November 1 to April 30
Monday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday - 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Tuesday - 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday -Closed Wednesday - Closed
Thursday - Closed Thursday - Closed
Friday - Closed Friday - Closed
Saturday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday - Closed Sunday - Closed
Fire and Rescue
- Volunteer Fire Department
- Modern equipment manned by volunteers
- Trained emergency medical helpers (First Response Team)
- Strathmore RCMP
ROCKYFORD MUNICIPAL LIBRARY
- Library Manager - Jocelyn Kisko
- Located in the Community Centre
- Hours: Tues. Noon to 6:00 p.m.; Wed & Thurs. 2:00 p.m. till 8:00 p.m.
- visit http://www.rockyfordlibrary.ca/ for more info or call 403-533-3964
ROCKYFORD COMMUNITY CENTER
- Available to rent for weddings, meetings etc.
- The Community Center also houses the municipal library and a fitness club which boasts a wide variety of exercise equipment and affordable membership fees. For more info on the fitness club please call Cathy deGroot at 403-533-3860.
- For Community Center rental information please call 403-533-2127
ROCKYFORD FRIENDSHIP CENTRE
- Enjoy the soup days held each month at the center
- Senior services such as foot nurse and bus charters offered periodically
- Rockyford United Church
- St. Rita's Roman Catholic Church
There is no business tax in Rockyford.
Alberta Treasury Agency
Bert's Small Engine Service
Chinook Credit Union
403-533-3742 Website: www.rockyfordcnc.ca
Dee's Cold Beer & Liquor
#115 Main Street
403-533-2290, Fax: 403-533-2479
Extreme Steam Oilfield Service
K. Pedersen Equipment Ltd.
Rock Springs Manor
Wheatland Housing - Strathmore
Rockyford Community Center
For rental/bookings call 403-533-2127
Rockyford Hotel/Triple B Tavern
403-533-3760, Fax: 403-533-3822
Curling Rink 403-533-3883
403-533-2258 or 403-533-3860
Rosebud Gas Co-op Ltd.
Superior Feed & Supply
403-533-3811, Fax: 403-533-3820
The 90's2 Restaurant
United Farmers of Alberta Co-operative Limited
Fuel Agency 403-533-3745, Fax: 403-533-2395